God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Got a question on a lesson? Don't quite understand what or how or why? Just want some company as you learn? Come join the gang in the lesson forum
dhodge
Musically Insane

Post by dhodge » September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm

klim wrote:Printed out the lesson, and tuned the guitar this morning. And strummed out those chords.
One word.
AWESOME!!!!!
Thank you Dave for the lesson and to Dave and Matt for the encouragement.
No looking back now.
Kenny
Thank you, Kenny, for making my evening! :wink: Glad that you took the plunge!

Peace

klim

Post by klim » September 21st, 2005, 9:10 pm

Again, thanks to all for the encouragment of using alt tunings.

So tonight at work, I've been practicing the song and I love it, still got a ways to go to get the right strumming, but having a great time.

Which lead me to the question of soloing. I am guessing (because it doesn't sound right, when I play), that I can throw out the thought of using any pentatonic scales, with alt tuning.

So I tried looking for something on the internet and I found this:

http://eceserv0.ece.wisc.edu/~sethares/ ... unings.pdf

It might prove useful for the more advanced guitarist (or adventursome), but it's way over my head. But still I downloaded it for future reference.

By the way, when I googled "open c# tuning scales", number four on the list is an article by David Hodge from 1999 on this site. :)

Violet S

Post by Violet S » September 25th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Nice Lesson David thanks. I've still got to tweak the tuning a bit to get it spot on. I really like Coldplay too, looking forward to Don't Panic lesson, meanwhile hope everyone's got 'someone to lean on' (feeble attempt at pun) :)