The 80/20 law.

Got a question on a lesson? Don't quite understand what or how or why? Just want some company as you learn? Come join the gang in the lesson forum
abcxyz
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by abcxyz » June 28th, 2006, 9:45 am

Forget 80/20

Apply the Edison's - 'Genius is 1 % inspiration and 99 % perspiration'.

ldavis04

Post by ldavis04 » June 28th, 2006, 9:49 am

Yeah...I did read it. I would like to think that the better part of the 20/80 law pertains to me...but, I wouldn't know for sure. I can say that I am a very focused person in regards to practice, but, sometimes I wonder if I am practicing the correct stuff. Lately? I have been practicing finger excersises for dexterity, scales (major scale mostly) and fingerpicking excersises (arpeggios and patterns) and then practicing some songs, not to mention intervals, cord and scale theory, and also the caged system.

Steve-0
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by Steve-0 » June 28th, 2006, 9:49 am

Or how about 1000 monkeys playing guitar will eventually play stairway to heaven. I forget what law or theory that is though :lol:
Steve-0

Jamonkey

I completly agree

Post by Jamonkey » August 24th, 2006, 10:15 am

I agree with Rahul...certaintly if you put the time into the right practice and work at it results will come

as for the 1000 monkeys eventually play stairway to heaven...it could take awhile and god forbid if they fling poo at each other and it gets on their guitars, then you may never get to hear the monkeys play.

margaret
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by margaret » August 24th, 2006, 10:26 am

I dunno know about the 80/20 law applying to my practicing and playing. Progress is too dang slow to be able to tell. :?

I'd say that I take two steps forward, and one-and-seven-eighths steps back. One day I'll think I'm making progress and the next I can't play for squat.

Calcification of the brain maybe??

Margaret
When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ldavis04

Post by ldavis04 » August 28th, 2006, 6:57 am

margaret wrote:I dunno know about the 80/20 law applying to my practicing and playing. Progress is too dang slow to be able to tell. :?

I'd say that I take two steps forward, and one-and-seven-eighths steps back. One day I'll think I'm making progress and the next I can't play for squat.

Calcification of the brain maybe??

Margaret
Lately, I'm feeling your pain Margaret....one day I hit all the notes and actually sound pretty good...the next day (or three) I cant hit anything right.....I keep telling myself..."frustration leads to improvement......"