Chords/ Horse with No Name

Got a question on a lesson? Don't quite understand what or how or why? Just want some company as you learn? Come join the gang in the lesson forum
Musenfreund
Guitari Lama

Re: Beginners Disc. #1--chords/ horse with no name

Post by Musenfreund » December 31st, 2003, 7:02 am

8)
Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

dhodge
Musically Insane

Re: Beginners Disc. #1--chords/ horse with no name

Post by dhodge » January 6th, 2004, 6:52 pm

Hi Violetweeds!

Glad that you figured it out and my apologies for being so long away from the pages.

We really can't have full MP3s of the songs, especially with the lyrics suung, here on the website because that would be a blatant infringement on copyright. We're working on correcting that, though...

The easiest thing to do is to get a copy of the original recording (people here tell me you can still download these on some sites). If that doesn't work for you, send me a message and I'll try to work something out as soon as I get my recording gear unpacked.

Peace

aragorn

Triplet Timing

Post by aragorn » February 7th, 2011, 1:38 pm

I think I've been playing triplets wrong. When I studied the Horse with No Name lesson, I played the solo as three notes then a space, three more notes, etc. Sort of like sixteenth-note, sixteenth-note, eighth-note, ... sixteenth-note, sixteenth-note, eighth-note, etc. After studying the Before You Accuse Me lesson, it seems to me they are instead intended to be played as equally spaced notes, ie, one measure of the HWNN solo would be 12 equally spaced notes. The BYAM rhythm would be the same, but missing the 2nd, 4th, etc. notes.

Is that right?

NoteBoat
Musically Insane

Re: Triplet Timing

Post by NoteBoat » February 7th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Yes, they should be equally spaced.

I have my students count One-trip-let-two-trip-let evenly; that helps get the sounds in the right place.
Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

aragorn

Re: Chords/ Horse with No Name

Post by aragorn » February 7th, 2011, 2:46 pm

^^ Thanks very much!