Brahms' Lullaby

Got a question on a lesson? Don't quite understand what or how or why? Just want some company as you learn? Come join the gang in the lesson forum
Violet S

Re: Beginners' Discussion 8:  Brahms' Lullaby

Post by Violet S » February 25th, 2004, 11:34 pm

Hi,  I've started to do well with the playing of this lesson after a few days;  it's certainly a beautiful song.  I'm going to study the theory behind chord progressions now, thanks much  :)

Violet S

Post by Violet S » March 10th, 2004, 6:09 pm

Hi there,  I've been through all the material in this lesson and the previous companion to this lesson ( using Twinkle, Twinkle..) on approaches to writing accompaniments and I'm now goin to have a go at writing one to El Condor Pasa, which I've got a simple melody score for and the chord accompaniment written above it - I hope it will be fun!   :)

Musenfreund
Guitari Lama

Post by Musenfreund » March 10th, 2004, 7:25 pm

[quote author=Aretha link=board=lessons;num=1077136905;start=0#5 date=03/10/04 at 18:09:36]Hi there,  I've been through all the material in this lesson and the previous companion to this lesson ( using Twinkle, Twinkle..) on approaches to writing accompaniments and I'm now goin to have a go at writing one to El Condor Pasa, which I've got a simple melody score for and the chord accompaniment written above it - I hope it will be fun!   :)[/quote]

Great idea.  
Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Violet S

Post by Violet S » March 12th, 2004, 4:44 pm

Yes, I'll do that, thanks -  so far I've managed only to put a full chord on the minim notes - and then found I had to re go over all the theory, the semi breve sections are a bit difficult - I'm going to also read Graham Merry/Greybeard's article on his work with Auld Lang Syne, sounds very interesting!

Please share anything you come up with  :)

Violet S

Post by Violet S » March 20th, 2004, 5:53 pm

I've just put the thirds below the melody notes on most notes with the full chord at the end of each phrase(in El Condor Pasa), it sounds ok and is good pratice for the finger picking.

Still pratising the Brahm's Lullaby, and regoing over the theory and on to Greybeards' article, bout of flu slowing me up a bit  :)