Arpeggios

Well who doesn't have a question about theory? Come on in and get them answered here. Beginning to advanced theory questions are welcome.
Starrk

Arpeggios

Post by Starrk » August 1st, 2016, 5:15 am

Where can arpeggios be used in music making I'm currently working with e major and a minor I'd like to transition to some chords but not sure which ones

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Re: Arpeggios

Post by Alan Green » August 1st, 2016, 10:17 pm

You can use arpeggios in solos, but their most common use is in accompaniment.

Listen to "Nobody Hurts" by REM - the accompaniment under everything except the middle section is arpeggios of D, G, Em and A.
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Starrk

Post by Starrk » August 2nd, 2016, 4:02 pm

Alan Green wrote:You can use arpeggios in solos, but their most common use is in accompaniment.

Listen to "Nobody Hurts" by REM - the accompaniment under everything except the middle section is arpeggios of D, G, Em and A.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond I have a better understanding thanks to you. Can you play the string that you aren't supposed to like in a minor?

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Post by Alan Green » August 3rd, 2016, 8:06 am

Best not; you don't want to play a sixth string E in a chord of D
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk