Welcome to the forums!

Auuuuhgghhhhh I'm torn!!!

If you have a post about music or guitar that doesn't really fit anywhere else, put it here. This is strictly on topic, guitar or music related topics only. Please be civil and courteous here. This forum is moderated and respectful conversation is expected.

Moderator: The GN support team


Postby s1120 » December 17th, 2011, 6:02 am

Ok so I'm REALY in the need of a new accustic guitar, and have heard good things so far about the new GFS ones. Well for the cost it's worth a shot..... Ok the problem comes in here.... Lookin at the musican friend web site and they have the little 5wt fender champ for only $119!!!!! I've been looking for a small simple tube amp for awile now, and that's a killer price!!! So.... Now where do I spend my guitar money??? Auuuugh. The tough choices we guitar players must make!!
Paul B
User avatar
s1120
Senior Member
 
Posts: 793
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:42 am
Location: albany NY area

Postby Rocket Dog » December 17th, 2011, 10:50 am

Yeah I'm with you here, I understand your predicament. People really don't appreciate the stress we go through in having to make such decisions as to how we spend our money. There is so much stuff we want, sorry i meant to say need. Oh well, I'm sure you'll come to the right decision.
User avatar
Rocket Dog
Full Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: August 13th, 2011, 2:22 am

Postby Cat » December 17th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Believe me when I tell you this: even the budget companies occasionally come up with a factory freak that plays absolutely great. Pick a brand and model...and start looking at them from store to store. :wink:

Cat
"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"
Cat
Guitarnoise Denizen
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: July 14th, 2008, 6:16 pm
Location: NSW Northern Rivers area

Postby Blue Jay » December 17th, 2011, 1:09 pm

s1120 wrote:Ok so I'm REALY in the need of a new accustic guitar, and have heard good things so far about the new GFS ones. Well for the cost it's worth a shot..... Ok the problem comes in here.... Lookin at the musican friend web site and they have the little 5wt fender champ for only $119!!!!! I've been looking for a small simple tube amp for awile now, and that's a killer price!!! So.... Now where do I spend my guitar money??? Auuuugh. The tough choices we guitar players must make!!


Yeah, WOW, maybe it is a good time to go for that hot, most desirable amp!

Perhaps you can get a good, not just decent, but a good acoustic guitar used. :)
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
User avatar
Blue Jay
Guitarnoise Denizen
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: July 7th, 2009, 7:23 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA

Postby s1120 » December 17th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Blue Jay wrote:
s1120 wrote:Ok so I'm REALY in the need of a new accustic guitar, and have heard good things so far about the new GFS ones. Well for the cost it's worth a shot..... Ok the problem comes in here.... Lookin at the musican friend web site and they have the little 5wt fender champ for only $119!!!!! I've been looking for a small simple tube amp for awile now, and that's a killer price!!! So.... Now where do I spend my guitar money??? Auuuugh. The tough choices we guitar players must make!!


Yeah, WOW, maybe it is a good time to go for that hot, most desirable amp!

Perhaps you can get a good, not just decent, but a good acoustic guitar used. :)


Ya I'm thinking that also. I have heard they are pretty nice... But as you know what one person likes another doesn't. So not being able to hear it first.... Well you know the drill. Accustic guitars are tough... Each has its own sound.
Paul B
User avatar
s1120
Senior Member
 
Posts: 793
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:42 am
Location: albany NY area

Postby rparker » December 17th, 2011, 3:00 pm

I'd imagine the acoustic to be tough to buy online. I've gotten decent electrics from them, but acoustics are a different breed. Still, if you need an acoustic and their exchange policy isn't bad, why not? Have you seen any demos on youtube yet? I have not seen or looked for any yet. I've really gotten to like the one I have now and hope to hang on to it for years.

I've seen those 5W champs in Best Buy before, although not lately. They're everywhere. Just not at that great price. :|

Good luck whichever way you go! :D :D
Roy

"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin
User avatar
rparker
Musically Insane
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: December 18th, 2003, 6:12 pm
Location: Sunny North Carolina

Postby TRGuitar » December 17th, 2011, 5:36 pm

MF will likely do you free shipping too so add $20 to that GF acoustic. On the other hand, with where you live if you order from GF you will hear the package hit your steps seconds after you push the buy button. :lol: Seriously, I just ordered some parts and by the end of the day they were in Latham NY. Seriously as well, I am an electric kind of guy so my opinion is bias. I suppose either one?
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --
User avatar
TRGuitar
Guitarnoise Addict
 
Posts: 3697
Joined: January 2nd, 2007, 10:31 pm
Location: Northern New York

Postby s1120 » December 17th, 2011, 6:10 pm

TRGuitar wrote:MF will likely do you free shipping too so add $20 to that GF acoustic. On the other hand, with where you live if you order from GF you will hear the package hit your steps seconds after you push the buy button. :lol: Seriously, I just ordered some parts and by the end of the day they were in Latham NY. Seriously as well, I am an electric kind of guy so my opinion is bias. I suppose either one?


Ya last thing I got from them was orderd in the afternoon, and I got it the next day before noon!!!!!
Paul B
User avatar
s1120
Senior Member
 
Posts: 793
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:42 am
Location: albany NY area