SSG Year 13 Week 1

The Sunday Songwriters club is a stretching exercise for your mind. Arpeggios for the brain cells, so to speak. After all, writing is like playing - to get better, you have to practice.
dhodge
Musically Insane

SSG Year 13 Week 1

Post by dhodge » November 1st, 2014, 11:04 am

Hello

And welcome to the start of the thirteenth year of the Sunday Songwriter's Group. If you're new and you're wondering why I have this up on a Saturday afternoon, well, it's because it's Sunday in some places of the world already and this is a way for some of our folks living just west of the International Date Line to get a early start on their week.

And speaking of starting, this week you get the first three words of the first line of your song:

We didn't know....

As always, you can feel free to tweak this as you see fit. If you'd prefer it to start the chorus, that's fine. If you'd prefer to use it as the start of your second line, that's fine, too, although I may then add the challenge of using it to start every other line.

Likewise, you can change "we" to a different pronoun. But I'd like to say that I deliberate choose "we" in order to set your song on a different narrative path than it might normally have, particularly if you tend to write a lot in first person singular.

Anyway, welcome to the beginning of a bright and (hopefully) fun new year here at the SSG. I look forward to reading and to listening to what you may come up with.

Peace