Please Identify My PA Speakers, Brand, Watts etc

Recording engineering discussions and questions. Also a great place to discuss software, plugins, and computer based recording/arranging.
reb287

Please Identify My PA Speakers, Brand, Watts etc

Post by reb287 » May 8th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Hi,

I just got my son 4 pa speakers. We are trying to figure out what they are incase they needs parts or repair. They are shaped to hang in a corner and have hooks to hang from. There is no name, serial number, anything, except the inside speakers are Eminence. i have the pictures on my computer, but it wont let me post them in this post, i can e-mail them to anyone who can help. If you guys can't help, do you know if there is a store or forum that might be able to help me?

Thanks,

Rebecca

kent_eh
Guitarnoise Denizen

Re: PLEASE IDENTIFY MY PA SPEAKERS, BRAND, WATTS etc

Post by kent_eh » May 8th, 2011, 6:10 pm

The pictures are going to be important.

You have to upload the pictures to a hosting site (photobucket, flickr, etc) then link to them in your post.

Eminence makes speaker parts, but not entire assembled units.
Many companies use Eminence (and other suppliers) arts to assemble their speaker cabinets.

Where did your son buy these speakers? I would hope they know what they are selling.
I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

reb287

Re: Please Identify My PA Speakers, Brand, Watts etc

Post by reb287 » May 8th, 2011, 7:27 pm

I will join one of those sites and upload some pictures of the speakers in the morning. They have no other writing on them inside or out, other than the Eminence on the one speaker. We got them from a theatre group. The speakers were already there when they bought the place this year, so no one knows the history of the system. All they knew is that they were bi-amp 12"horn, 12"speaker. But I will find a way to post pics in the am. Without knowing the brand/model etc, we don't even know what sysytems they can handle. It's fairly frustrating. Thanks for the pic info

reb287

Post by reb287 » May 9th, 2011, 3:57 am

Okay, I uploaded a few pictures to Photobucket. These are pics my son took with his phone. I'll take better pics with the camera this afternoon and upload them.

reb287

Post by reb287 » May 9th, 2011, 3:59 am

reb287

Post by reb287 » May 9th, 2011, 4:05 am

kent_eh
Guitarnoise Denizen

Post by kent_eh » May 10th, 2011, 3:21 pm

They could have been custom made by the company that did the original install at the theatre.

If you're brave enough to open them up, there should be markings on the back of the speakers that identify the components better.
Eminence makes 12 inch speakers that can handle 150 watts, but they also make some that can take up to 1200 watts.

Is there any way to find out what amplifiers they were used with at the theatre? That might give some idea of what's a safe power level.
I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

reb287

Post by reb287 » May 10th, 2011, 3:57 pm

My son said he would try to open them up. The theatre replaced all their equipment when they bought it, so we don't know what system they were used with. If we can't figure it out when we open them up, I will post what we find. Thanks for the help.