Welcome to the forums!

Aria guitar preamp isn't working

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby edurbrow » August 20th, 2012, 6:07 am

Did you ever change a battery and then the preamp didn't work after that?
I bought an Aria Elecord FET 500 a month ago because it has a volume & tone controls. I didn't realize if you leave a cord plugged in it runs down the battery. Then I noticed there is no on or off switch, just a little unidentified button which I guess is to test the battery. There is a battery test light but it doesn't light.
So, I put in a new 9v battery and now it doesn't work. Hard to figure out how I could have possibly damaged it because the battery goes in a little case which you slip into the preamp housing. There is no way to put the battery in improperly because the slots for the + and - are different sizes. I tried contact spray, but it isn't corroded. This is practically a new guitar.
I guess the next step would be to unscrew the whole preamp and have a look at it? I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this model and I'm missing something basic.
TIA
Ed
edurbrow

Postby s1120 » August 20th, 2012, 7:22 am

First place I would look is for a broken power wire. Some times they use tiny wires, and less then steller soldor joints.
Paul B
s1120

Postby edurbrow » August 26th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Well, I finally got around to taking the preamp out of the guitar. I tested the wire from the pickup. It works when I plug it into an amp. I tested the cable going to the guitar plug jack. It works too. I pried the lid off of the preamp but I don't think there is anything I can do there.
edurbrow