Body damaged on impact

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
thecoldroad

Body damaged on impact

Post by thecoldroad » April 25th, 2017, 12:16 pm

Hello, it's my first time posting in forums. I've recently damaged my guitar while (ironically) cleaning it. It slipped and (even more ironically) got damaged by the case it was in, while I was cleaning it. One spot (on black) has the wood damaged, the other (on light) seems to have only the lacquer damaged. I've circled the impact spots on the guitar so that they're more visible (image below). I'm going to get it fixed, but since I have no experience with it, I'd like to know what should be done to it and how much it will cost, before taking it in.
http://i.imgur.com/wAPz1Sn.jpg

LessPaul

Re: Body damaged on impact

Post by LessPaul » May 5th, 2017, 7:31 pm

unless that guitar's worth over 3k i would just ignore it and chalk it up to a learning moment. Everything CAN be fixed it's just a matter of if it's worth it. I highly doubt that's worth it. I also doubt your guitar sounds much different than before. Guitars are much tougher than people give them credit for. Also, I know you learned this the hard way, but still. Clean and work on your guitar with the instrument laying flat on it's back to prevent this kind of thing.

Also, never open your case anywhere but on the floor for the same reason.

hope this helps!