Help with Fishman Fluence wiring?

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
xaviersykora

Help with Fishman Fluence wiring?

Post by xaviersykora » September 27th, 2017, 9:12 am

Hello! I recently purchased a Legator 8 string guitar and decided to upgrade the pickups to the Fishman Fluence Tosin Abasi Sig. set. I got the set, opened up my guitar, and got to work.

The wiring kit does not include a switch, and you are (I assume) supposed to use the switch already inside of the guitar. The switch inside was a 3 way Fender Strat style switch with 8 connectors on it. Sadly, none of the 3 diagrams included with the Fluences used a switch with 8 connectors, and so I decided to do a bit of research to figure out how to make it work.

I ended up using the 3rd diagram included with the Fluences (https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/uplo ... ce-WEB.pdf), but using the switch wiring from the diagram included with the Fishman Fluence Modern 8 set (https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... iagram.pdf).

It sorta worked, and sorta didn't.
I can select the neck pickup OR the bridge pickup, but I can only do this while the switch is in between one of the 3 selections (between top and middle for neck, between bottom and middle for bridge).

I feel like I am close to making this work, but my lack of electronics knowledge has put me at a standstill.

Could any of you guys give me advice on where to find information, or on how I should wire up the switch I currently have? I also would like to note that I have an extra 5-way Fender Style switch if that would be better for my use case/solving my problem.

Thanks lots!

Musicus

Re: Help with Fishman Fluence wiring?

Post by Musicus » December 7th, 2017, 3:07 pm

The 2 websites are for 2 different models, one using a 3 position switch, the other (the Abasi model) a 5 position switch. Your post indicates you have the later, requiring the 5 position switch. The diagrams are not interchangeable. Use the 5 position switch, but it must be the right kind; the diagram says a "5-way super selector" switch.