Guitar bridge lifted up

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
faheemakbar18

Guitar bridge lifted up

Post by faheemakbar18 » October 28th, 2017, 11:55 am

hey guys
I left my guitar untouched for a week as I was away.
after 7 days when I picked up and tried tuning, its bridge lifted up badly (taking piece some wood of guitar body below it as well)
Where I love there's no guitar repairer and I have to fix it on my own. How should I proceed. should I remove it completely or just use epoxy or something like that.

Musicus

Re: Guitar bridge lifted up

Post by Musicus » November 22nd, 2017, 1:30 pm

Looks like an Epiphone. Try Gorilla wood glue. May have to add a couple short #10/24 bolts with 1/2" OD washers underneath, since there is so much damage to the soundboard.

s1120

Re: Guitar bridge lifted up

Post by s1120 » November 26th, 2017, 5:19 am

Well if you have some wood working skills, and if you have no one else to work on it, I guess your stuck... Don't use epoxy or any high tech glues.... Really the best for that would be Tightbond.. Its really good stuff, holds well, and in the future if you need to do more repairs, and remove it, it can be removed in conventional ways. You will need clamps that will fit in the sound hole. Id un string it, remove the plate, and clean it up as best you can before you reattach it. Lots of youtube vids on it out there. The big question is why it pulled. Normally that doesn't happen unless the guitar was left in a vary high heat environment.. like in a hot car. Id look the guitar over real well to make sure other glue joints are not failing.
Paul B