cracked guitar top! can it be fixed ?

Need to know how to setup your guitar? How do you lower your action? How do you get rid of the Milli Vanilli stickers? Look here first.
sokolala

cracked guitar top! can it be fixed ?

Post by sokolala » January 29th, 2018, 3:18 pm

one picture is better than a thousand words, so here are some:

so i buy this acoustic guitar from a chinese company via ali express ( because i'm a poor student and this is the cheapest i could find) cost me 155 usd by the way. and we don't have cheaper here in israel. :(

what do you think guys is it fixable ? is it even worth fixing ?
Thanks allot

hippychip

Re: cracked guitar top! can it be fixed ?

Post by hippychip » January 30th, 2018, 8:27 am

As long as it plays well I wouldn't worry about it. I assume it would be a huge pain in the butt to return it, and a proper repair would cost more than you paid for it. Just play it , and enjoy it!

sokolala

Post by sokolala » February 1st, 2018, 8:17 am

thanks allot :).the problem is it doesnt play good, i thought its because of the crack when i tried to tune it, maybe chinese guitars are bad , i will fight ali express to send me new one.

hippychip

Post by hippychip » February 1st, 2018, 2:26 pm

I have a friend with a guitar that the back has separated from the sides all along the bottom bout---he taped it back together with duct tape, and it sounds great---there is something else wrong with that guitar. That little crack shouldn't make much difference in the sound.

sokolala

Post by sokolala » February 5th, 2018, 5:06 pm

yeah, so i'm going to send back for sure, and for a refund not to trade with a new one. chinese guitars are bad i guess,
thanks allot bro