The best of GN (yeah, talking to YOU!) UPLOADED!

Post your links to your own recordings here if you'd like some feedback. Please keep it clean or let us know ahead of time a parental advisory is in effect. This forum is for your own recordings. Do not post links to copyrighted material or commercial MP3s.
Dan T.
Musically Insane

Post by Dan T. » July 8th, 2007, 4:31 am

Vic, I vote for "Screw The Neighbours"! :twisted: LOL! Well, if I had to pick out of the 3 you listed, I'd pick "BOYH". It's the one that sounds the most "finished" IMO, even without drums. The other 2 are really good too, so it's a hard pick. My 2nd vote would be for "Masquerade".

I'd like to submit "India Sunset". http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=5414091

Dan
"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

abcxyz
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by abcxyz » July 8th, 2007, 5:49 am

I would have liked to submit something, but all my songs are covers, so I don't think that's possible.

Lets see, if I could make anything by 24th.

Good idea of a GN Album. It will prove how strong online communities can be. No wonder why TIME magazine voted person of the year - YOU and that was mainly due to forums as ours.

Rock On people !

Btw, I would vote for 'Screw the Neighbours' by Vic.

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » July 8th, 2007, 6:20 am

Rahul wrote:I would have liked to submit something, but all my songs are covers, so I don't think that's possible.

Lets see, if I could make anything by 24th.

Good idea of a GN Album. It will prove how strong online communities can be. No wonder why TIME magazine voted person of the year - YOU and that was mainly due to forums as ours.

Rock On people !

Btw, I would vote for 'Screw the Neighbours' by Vic.

Here is something to get you started :D
http://www.guitarnoise.com/lessons/so-y ... ongwriter/

abcxyz
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by abcxyz » July 8th, 2007, 6:46 am

Thanks Dog, I will take a look into that article. And will try to pulverise my laziness for a while...:oops:

Ignar Hillström
Musically Insane

Post by Ignar Hillström » July 8th, 2007, 7:02 am

Small addendum to his fantastic article:
There are only seven notes and five sharps, 12 half-tones in all, that the human ear can decipher.
Read that with a grain of salt. I'm sure that you've extensive experience with more traditional Indian music that is tuned in ways unlike contemporary western music. I'd say that's an advantage not many here have, it would be great if you could use that to your advantage.
Click here for FREE, limited one-time only offer!

Celt
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Celt » July 9th, 2007, 6:59 am

Great Idea,

I would like to submit something but am not sure
what yet. Is there a deadline on this?

John
My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Ignar Hillström
Musically Insane

Post by Ignar Hillström » July 9th, 2007, 7:33 am

Yup, the 24th. Take your time, glad to have you onboard. :D

Taso
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Taso » July 9th, 2007, 8:26 am

Vic Lewis wrote:
Sleutelbos wrote:so if Vic feels like joining in with one of his own songs that's cool.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I have been thinking about it - narrowed it down to three songs, "Blood On Your Hands" "Masquerade" and "Mid-life Crisis Male Menopause Blues." I think "Masquerade" is my favourite of those, but neither that or BOYH have a drum track. MLCMMB does, but I reckon the guitar solo needs re-doing. Dunno what anyone else thinks.....

:D :D :D

Vic
Blindman - I think this is easily your best work. Have always loved it.

coleclark

Post by coleclark » July 9th, 2007, 3:51 pm

generally what genre is this compilation heading towards? i have a few i could throw in of different styles, im thinking of 'blank and white intentions' a song about politics and damage? its jazz/acoustic kinda

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » July 9th, 2007, 4:33 pm

coleclark wrote:generally what genre is this compilation heading towards? i have a few i could throw in of different styles, im thinking of 'blank and white intentions' a song about politics and damage? its jazz/acoustic kinda
You can use any genre you like. We tend to be all over the place in musical taste.I think the only real qualification is that the tune has to be original.

BarnaBus RoX
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by BarnaBus RoX » July 9th, 2007, 5:03 pm

smokindog wrote:
coleclark wrote:generally what genre is this compilation heading towards? i have a few i could throw in of different styles, im thinking of 'blank and white intentions' a song about politics and damage? its jazz/acoustic kinda
You can use any genre you like. We tend to be all over the place in musical taste.I think the only real qualification is that the tune has to be original.
Yeah they are even going to have one of my songs there so the musical tastes MUST be very varied .. :lol:
Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Ignar Hillström
Musically Insane

Post by Ignar Hillström » July 9th, 2007, 5:06 pm

That, plus there must be a guitar in it. I know, it's pure hypocrasy, coming from me, but whatever. :P

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » July 9th, 2007, 5:12 pm

Oh yea, I forgot the guitar part :twisted:

dhodge
Musically Insane

Post by dhodge » July 10th, 2007, 1:28 pm

If you'll have me, I'd like to give a piece to the collection. Trouble is that I'm not sure which one to pick. You can listen at:

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/d ... tent=music

Personally, I'd either go with One By One (a piece I cowrote with Nick), Orange and Cinnamon or Saturn's Moons. If you like Saturn's Moons, I could send you a new live version (which I hope to put up online sometime in the very near future), which has Greg ("gnease") playing lead guitar. Of course, you may like something else or even not like any of them... :wink:

Arjen, do you need me to send these directly to you or can you download from the Soundclick page?

Peace

Ignar Hillström
Musically Insane

Post by Ignar Hillström » July 10th, 2007, 1:44 pm

No problem, I can download them directly from there. Listening to them now, will get back later. Didn't even know you had a soundclick page btw, glad I do now. :D