Anyone interested in a little funk?

Are you looking for someone to jam? Do you have AIM or MSN or YIM? Would you like to collaborate online? Are you just looking for something to do with the microphone attached to your PC? Post here.
jwmartin
Guitarnoise Denizen

Anyone interested in a little funk?

Post by jwmartin » November 16th, 2009, 9:21 am

Anyone interested in recording the guitar parts for Average White Band's Pick Up the Pieces? I started recording it this weekend and got a pretty bad version of the rhythm guitar part down. The single note picking on the other guitar has me beaten though. It sounds simple, but I just couldn't get it down. I can't play on these tiny little guitar strings anymore! :D

I'm concentrating on the bass for this, so if 1 or 2 of you guys want to record the guitar parts for a collaboration, let me know. I'll send you a backing track you can record against. Here is the guitar pro file I'm using for reference, but the structure in it is NOT correct. It leaves out a "verse." When I send the backing track, I'll include the layout w/ time markers.

Dan T.
Musically Insane

Re: Anyone interested in a little funk?

Post by Dan T. » November 16th, 2009, 10:16 am

Sounds like fun, count me in.
"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

fleaaaaaa

Re: Anyone interested in a little funk?

Post by fleaaaaaa » August 5th, 2011, 11:05 pm

I'm learning funk, so I would like a go at this! I have nothing that I could record in with though, actually I have a mixing desk but I don't know how to transfer stuff onto it!!!

:/ sucks to be me
together we stand, divided we fall..........