Jensen C12N 12" 8 ohm guitar speaker, great for tube amps!

Do you have GAS? Do you need to sell your old Strat for a new Les Paul? Post your WTB and NTS requests here, along with your contact information. These posts will be locked after one week, and deleted after one month.
slejhamer
Guitarnoise Addict

Jensen C12N 12" 8 ohm guitar speaker, great for tube amps!

Post by slejhamer » May 9th, 2010, 6:22 pm

For Sale: Jensen C12N guitar speaker, very recent, barely even broken in, like new except for a couple scrapes on the label (happened when I removed the speaker from the amp.)

12", 8 ohms, 50 watts.

Works great in a Fender tube amp and I'm sure it will work great in many others! Better sound with more bottom end than the cheaper C12Q. This is basically a ceramic version of the famous alnico P12N speaker, which runs $200+ new!

Sound clips on the Jensen page: http://www.jensentone.com/c12n.php

These are $81.50 new online at Guitar Center / Musicians Friend. I'm asking $69.50 shipped (to paypal confirmed addresses only; payment via paypal only.) Save some dough!

Would trade (or do a partial trade dep. on value) for an acoustic bass, or low-end short-scale bass, or just the neck from a short-scale bass. Would also consider trading for a kids/student-size electric guitar, like a mini strat or junior SX model.
"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

rparker
Musically Insane

Re: Jensen C12N 12" 8 ohm guitar speaker, great for tube amp

Post by rparker » May 13th, 2010, 4:30 pm

Hey 'Slej, just curious. I'm happy with my aftermarket speaker on my SCXD, but do you think it would fit? I've heard they wouldn't and that's why I stuck with 10".
Roy

"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

slejhamer
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Jensen C12N 12" 8 ohm guitar speaker, great for tube amp

Post by slejhamer » May 13th, 2010, 6:15 pm

I'd say no; I don't think you'd have enough internal clearance with the amp hanging as low as it does inside the box. The 12" speaker wants to be in a bigger box anyway. 8)

When I had the Jensen in my custom 12" Super Champ box, it really worked well with the Fender tones. Unfortunately, it also made all of the other amp sims sound very Fender-ish! :lol: So I put an inexpensive Eminence PA speaker (Beta 12LTA) in it; very flat, wide-range response, at the cost of a couple dBs of efficiency. Works great with a modeling amp like the SCXD.

But, if you're building a stand-alone 12" cab to go with a Fender or Epi tube amp, or anything similar, the Jensen is great!
"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."