Matamp 1224 For Sale

Do you have GAS? Do you need to sell your old Strat for a new Les Paul? Post your WTB and NTS requests here, along with your contact information. These posts will be locked after one week, and deleted after one month.
NeilC

Matamp 1224 For Sale

Post by NeilC » February 10th, 2014, 10:15 am

Hi all,

I am selling my Matamp 1224 Head. For anyone that doesn't know what this amp is it's worth googling. It one the Guitarist Gold award a few years back and as a session musician it has been recorded A LOT! I'm selling it because I've just acquired a new PRS Paul's Amp that has a very similar sound and I'd like to pass the Matamp onto some that will use it properly. It's an extremely 3D, pure, warm and fat sounding amp - very percussive - kind of like a British Dumble SSS sound (This one does break up but I had Matamp dial out a lot of the drive - there's still a lot there though).

Last time I checked there was a several month wait for a new one. I'm looking for offers around £900 for it OR I will consider a swap for a Fender head (Tonemaster, Showman, etc..) or a Marshall Plexi head or something similar like a Matchless etc...

You can hear and see the amp on my website www.neilcowlan.com and contact me on:
info@neilcowlan.com and I'm happy to send pics etc...

Thanks very much!
Neil