Appeal - Specific S.G copy wanted!!

Do you have GAS? Do you need to sell your old Strat for a new Les Paul? Post your WTB and NTS requests here, along with your contact information. These posts will be locked after one week, and deleted after one month.
mickrathe

Appeal - Specific S.G copy wanted!!

Post by mickrathe » April 26th, 2014, 4:47 pm

Hi everyone.

I am putting this appeal out for anyone who can help. I am after a specific guitar – The S.G copy made by West One (Not Westone) in the 1970's. I believe it was a mail order guitar from Bell Catalogues. This was my first and favourite guitar, and it was sadly destroyed accidentaly. I saw one for sale on Ebay last year – after it ended - missed the sale by a few days!! How frustrating. So anyway, if anyone has one, or knows of someone who has one and is willing to sell, PLEASE get in touch. Many thanks!

To see what it looks like, simply type in West One S.G guitar in google images and you will see the one i missed on Ebay straight away.

s1120

Re: Appeal - Specific S.G copy wanted!!

Post by s1120 » April 27th, 2014, 4:09 am

That looks a LOT like a newer version of the old Teisco copy SG I had as a kid. Maybe that will give you a lead or two. Mine had the old chrome Teisco single coil pickups on it, but other then that looked a lot like it. Ive been looking to replace mine also, with no luck.I sold mine to a coworker about 10-15 years ago, but I have not been able to track him down. Mine had a brand name "Esquire" on it.
Paul B