Comment my singing thx so much

Think you can't sing? Think again. Can you hum or sing the pitches as you tune your guitar? Can you sing along with your car radio? You can? Great! Now we know you can sing. It's good to get that out of the way. Come on in and wail away.
trazy

Comment my singing thx so much

Post by trazy » July 31st, 2014, 8:38 am

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Re: Comment my singing thx so much

Post by Alan Green » July 31st, 2014, 9:52 pm

You should work on your breathing and voice projection; and there were times when you struggled to hold the melody without an instrumental reference sound to keep you in tune.
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

trazy

Post by trazy » August 1st, 2014, 6:15 am

Thanks for pointing them out :)

trazy

Post by trazy » August 1st, 2014, 6:33 am

Was the out of tune problem very serious? Is it that I just need some music to help me or it is a major problem that I need to work on? Because many months before I asked for some advices on my singing and people said I was seriously out of tune so I tried work on that but not sure if i have gotten better

trazy

Post by trazy » August 1st, 2014, 6:36 am

no wait they said i was very pitchy, not out of tune

von_duke

Post by von_duke » August 8th, 2014, 11:15 am

trazy wrote:no wait they said i was very pitchy, not out of tune
That generally means the same thing to most people. I would recommend playing a synth and work on singing one note at a time very straight. You could also play a very simple melody on the synth and sing those notes. Play it and sing it very slowly. A technique I used was recording my vocals and pitch correcting them to sound robotic. Then I go back and work on the melody I need to work on by singing along to the pitch corrected part. It will help train. Most importantly focus your mind. That helps me the most.