The New Meet and Greet Forum

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
dhodge
Musically Insane

The New Meet and Greet Forum

Post by dhodge » January 1st, 2006, 11:31 am

Hello and welcome to Guitar Noise!

Paul Hackett (known on the forums as "Guitar Noise") should be making the first post here, but since I'm awake, I guess I'll step up and welcome you all.

This forum is to introduce yourself. And to let others welcome you to the Guitar Noise community.

I'm David Hodge ("dhodge" as you can see by my posting), "managing editor" of Guitar Noise. Also I write a number of the articles and lessons, put out the free newsletter (Guitar Noise News, which you can subscribe to on the home page), help moderate the forums and shamelessly promote my teachings and writings.

I live in western Massachusetts, in Berkshire County, in a very small town called South Egremont. My Internet service is a very slow dial up so doing things like downloading MP3s and such usually takes me days.

As far as the guitar is concerned, most of my history is already plastered all over the various lessons and guitar columns on this site. I've been playing since I was seventeen (my senior class was the one who discovered fire - in college we invented the wheel) and I play acoustic, electric, bass, banjo, mandolin, anything I can get my hands on. I play left handed, for what that's worth.

I sincerely hope that I can spend the rest of my life learning to become a better guitarist, musician and human being, but in reverse order.

Feel free to PM me anytime, or write me directly at:

dhodgeguitar@aol.com

And again, welcome to Guitar Noise. You'll find it the friendliest and most helpful community on the Internet. And that's not just concerning guitars - most of the folks here are the nicest people you can meet anywhere.

Peace

PS. We've brought the old "Meet and Greet" threads over from their original home at the "Guitar Noise Lessons" page. Feel free to renew acquaintances.

Peace
Last edited by dhodge on January 1st, 2006, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Administrator

Post by Nick » January 14th, 2006, 6:44 am

Please make your own post to tell us who you are. Don't add on to this one or we'll lose you in the crowd. :D
Click below for all my guitarnoise articles and reviews

http://www.guitarnoise.com/author/nicktorres/

My songs (Some not suitable for minors)

http://www.soundclick.com/nfshakespeare