New here

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
Relax

New here

Post by Relax » February 20th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Hey Guys

I'm 26 years old. I live in Ireland. I've been playing the guitar for nearly 15 years now. I have a deep passion for the instrument and music in general. I recently decided to push myself further on the instrument so that I could one day make a living off it. In fact, I abandoned my old career path in order enroll in a music school! :D

Anyway, even though I've been playing for over half my life I know there's so much more I could be doing in order to improve. So I guess I'm just looking for a good environment/community to pursue my goals in!

I also play bass guitar, piano and sing and have been involved in different bands and musical productions over the course of my life. However, I remain a guitarist at heart as it is by far my greatest strength.

My idols are Jimmy Page, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert and Kaki King, to name a few. I enjoy almost all styles of guitar from pop/rock/metal/classical to the electric virtuoso/percussive fingerstyle. I also have an interest in guitar music for other visual media such as films/videogames/anime.

On good days, I practice maybe 3 hours a day although I'd like to increase that number. I also have a soundcloud account that I update every now and again for whatever I'm working on, maybe I'll share it later on.

I'm not sure what else to say here. I hope to share what knowledge/experience that I have if can help others and hope that the same can be done for me! Happy playing everyone.