Hey folks

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
SteadyRoller

Hey folks

Post by SteadyRoller » March 10th, 2015, 4:17 am

Hi, new here. Probably need all the help i can get as far as guitar goes. Started playing when i was 19 or 20(now 33) but had a few years break in there. Finally got my guitars back from my parents home where they spent about 7 years so and am happily getting back in to playing again. I never learned to play properly, just got a book with chord shapes and a couple of scales and did what I could. So I've given myself the task of becoming at least a half decent guitarist, hopefully better. I like the whole country/folk/blues/punk vibe and making a bit of a noise. I play a Gibson SG Special, 2002 or 2003 i think, the one with the crescent moon inlays and a Tanglewood acoustic. My recent weeks have been spent with one of those blues books with a cd but it can get a bit monotonous and i find people can usually explain things better than a book so I hope to find some useful stuff on here. So, just a 'quick' hello this was really :)