Greetings from Finland with little story and Youtube video

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
MikkoKarhula

Greetings from Finland with little story and Youtube video

Post by MikkoKarhula » January 1st, 2017, 4:16 am

Hi everyone!

I'm a guitarist/teacher from Finland. I have played variety of styles but mainly now I'm concentrating on acoustic guitar and ethnic music styles. Playing several years gypsy jazz music as a professional some how I felt that I shouldn't be in stuck with one style. First I felt that gypsy jazz had everything in it and there isn't better music. With that kind of "obsession" I had possibilities to learn al most everything I wanted from that style. Eventually I found my self playing too much cliches and had lot of manners. Ok, gypsy jazz has them a lot and if you want to play that style you have to learn all its cliches. I felt restrictive with that style. It's a lot of fun but I needed to listen my inner self. In that gypsy jazz period I didm´t compose so much. Afterwards I have found peace in me and rely my instincts. I will play and practice different styles but not restrict my self anymore.

Thank you! And I hope we have fun here discussing different topics!
Kindest, Mikko

Here is my version of Autumn Leaves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihPck2zcWLA

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Greetings from Finland with little story and Youtube video

Post by Bish » February 23rd, 2017, 10:37 pm

Welcome to the forum!!
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"