Booker T Jones

Read about the latest happenings of our site! If you have an upcoming gig or jam, post it here.
smokindog
Musically Insane

Booker T Jones

Post by smokindog » July 15th, 2011, 2:26 pm

Tonight on Live from Daryls House its Booker T Jones. I've been waiting a month to see this!
The show starts at 8 pm est. Ofcourse you can see it on line anytime after tonight.
http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html

Vic Lewis VL
Albus Dumblechord

Re: Booker T Jones

Post by Vic Lewis VL » July 15th, 2011, 3:10 pm

as in "Booker T and The MGs?"

If so, enjoy - one of the all time greats!

:D :D :D

Vic
"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

smokindog
Musically Insane

Post by smokindog » July 15th, 2011, 6:10 pm

That would be the one. Should be pretty good. I've been watching live from Daryl's house for a few years now. always has some great musicians.

rparker
Musically Insane

Post by rparker » July 16th, 2011, 6:04 pm

I've never heard of this series. Thanks for turning me on to it. I can't wait to check out some stuff. I only saw Booker T & the MG's once. They toured with Neil Young and even played with him for most of his show in about '94. Awesome. simply awesome.
Roy

"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin