I'll miss Dan Peek of America - passed away at 60

Read about the latest happenings of our site! If you have an upcoming gig or jam, post it here.
Blue Jay
Guitarnoise Denizen

I'll miss Dan Peek of America - passed away at 60

Post by Blue Jay » July 29th, 2011, 4:02 pm

http://danpeek.com/ or see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Peek

Yeah, but I'll turn grief into grit, suck it up and do something useful with it... first Amy Winehouse then this... a day later?

I wrote a song last night, it's done - I used to sing Lonely People (and still can by memory) and plan to make my first Indie recording/release in their honor - I only made demo tapes before - cassettes (oh my, yet they were played on Indie radio), and don't undertand the new technology, or I resist it, but my son has done it long ago, and I never have, so I'd better get to it, and hook up with a recording artist - someone who knows what he's doing compared to me, and band, and let 'er fly?

Will post if anything happens, will take some time. Anyhow, I always loved America. RIP Dan, jeez I miss you, though since he was absent in 1977, the group or duo has played on, just not like in the early days when the original magic was there? :cry:
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

specialsof

Re: I'll miss Dan Peek of America - passed away at 60

Post by specialsof » August 3rd, 2011, 4:38 am

Evidently it was heart disease and enlarged heart.

This one hit me hard, just loved these guys and those harmony's.

dogsbody

Re: I'll miss Dan Peek of America - passed away at 60

Post by dogsbody » August 15th, 2011, 4:17 am

OMG I never heard about this!

One of my all time favourite bands. Very sad RIP Dan Peek
The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)