Good morning world

Read about the latest happenings of our site! If you have an upcoming gig or jam, post it here.
Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Good morning world

Post by Bish » November 25th, 2014, 7:20 am

How the heck is everybody?

Give me a shout out!
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Re: Good morning world

Post by Alan Green » November 25th, 2014, 9:46 am

None too shabby over here mate. Almost at the end of another School term, and four-down-one-to-go at a solo restaurant gig every Sunday in November.

Hope it's all good where you are.
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

dogbite
Musically Insane

Post by dogbite » November 25th, 2014, 10:54 am

great. two weeks left of teaching, then a break. working on my lap steel this week.

Vic Lewis VL
Albus Dumblechord

Post by Vic Lewis VL » November 25th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Nice to hear from you, Bish! Been quiet here - haven't been playing guitar or songwriting much in the last couple of years, but things are settling down a little now.... time for a comeback, I think!
"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Violet S

Post by Violet S » January 10th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Hope you and your family are well Bish, I'm doing fairly well, have been kind of tired myself, will be trying to get back into guitar playing regularly yet again - have been doing a lot of grandchild minding these last few years and last year my son is now home full time with me after he finished his final year of highschool - so it's a bit of getting used to - most of the time it's enjoyable but I cannot complain :) . My husband bought me the collection of The Beatles for Christmas which I've found very enjoyable to listen to . One classic anecdote from the past year was that a large gum tree fell on our house when I was in it, quite a terrible shock, luckily it only damaged part of the back bedrooms and took out part of the roof :)

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Bish » February 4th, 2015, 10:58 am

Well it sounds like things are going well for some and not so much for others.

Violet, I hope you got your house repaired and some of your sanity returned. :mrgreen:
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Violet S

Post by Violet S » April 1st, 2015, 1:01 pm

Thanks Bish, sorry for the late reply, but the year seems to be passing so quickly! :D

Nuno
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Nuno » May 25th, 2015, 5:12 am

Good morning, Bish and everyone! :D

I hope you all are doing well. Some changes along these months... I got my guitars with me again and I am playing almost daily again.

Looking forward to seeing you around on the forums.

Vic Lewis VL
Albus Dumblechord

Post by Vic Lewis VL » May 29th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Hey Nuno, good to see you!

Last 2-3 years have been pretty tough....I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, though. All I need now is a couple of new guitars, a keyboard, a bass, a couple of amps, a drum machine and I'm ready to roll. Oh and either a job - nobody seems to want to employ a 58-year old with long grey hair who flatly refuses to have it cut short (tried it once, never again! Just not me!) or wear a tie - or a lottery win.

Finding it harder and harder to write songs...I get the odd good phrase that I think would make a good hook or title, but somehow I seem to be missing that vital spark of inspiration to turn ideas into songs.

As for guitar, all I've got is my old Squier Tele - 10 years old now! - which needs repairing, new strings and a bloody good clean. Poor thing was stuck in a garage for months and could do with some serious TLC!

So I'll keep plodding on and hoping things get better....

:D :D :D

Vic
"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Nuno
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by Nuno » June 9th, 2015, 7:09 am

Sorry to hear you are looking for a job. It seems economy is improving... at least politicians say it... Hey, it could be an idea for a new song!

Practically I only play my Tele. I play acoustic weekly (roughly) just for maintenance (although it was in my parents' home until a couple of weeks). What a guitar!

Keep playing.