Computer FX?

Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.
Upto11

Computer FX?

Post by Upto11 » June 28th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Hello All!

I wonder if you can help me, I am currently separated from my amp and am living in temporary digs. I need a computer program
that will enable me to plug my guitar into the line in of my computer and add FX. I found a couple but they have really crappy sound and/or massive delays. I don't expect perfection (I used to own a zoom 4040 :D ) but something workable would be nice.

Anyone got any suggestions

mordeth

Re: Computer FX?

Post by mordeth » June 28th, 2008, 3:31 pm

hey,

I'm afraid I don't know much about computer software - but if you're willing to spend a few quid I'd recommend picking up a line6 toneport gx - they're about 40 pounds here in the uk.
It lets you connect via your usb port, hence removing any latency issues, and comes with gearbox software - basically pod tones in a computer interface. An excellent piece of kit for the money, and excellent for practicing and recording.

Here's a link http://line6.com/toneportgx/
This is my signature. Fear it.

Upto11

Re: Computer FX?

Post by Upto11 » June 29th, 2008, 7:14 am

Thanks Mordeth, might give it a go :)