Footswtich problem for crate VTX200s amp

Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.
leftysteve

Footswtich problem for crate VTX200s amp

Post by leftysteve » July 17th, 2010, 5:35 am

Hi guys
Just joined this group to see if anyone of you out there can help me with the problem I have with this amp.
Just got it in a swap but the 4 button footswitch that controls the channel switching and effects has a button missing (the channel 4 switch which accesses the additional effects).
I've bought a new switch and LED but have no idea how to wire it up.
On opening the footswitch up there are 2 leads that were presumably attached to the missing switch. One lead comes form the 5 pin DIN socket that connects the footswitch to the amp, and the other lead comes from the adjoining switch (no 3 channel). Looking at the way the other switches are wired it looks like a simple "hook up" is needed but when I've tried this, nothing happens when I plug the footswitch into the amp.
Anyone out there got a similar amp/switch that could let me know what the wiring looks like inside, or does anyone have a schematic of the footswitch?
Be really grateful if I can get some help on this as I'm really pleased with the amp but it's a gonna be a lot better if I can change channels using the switch rather than have to walk over to the amp and change channels using the switches on the amp.
Many thanks
Leftysteve

GroundZero

Re: Footswtich problem for crate VTX200s amp

Post by GroundZero » September 9th, 2011, 8:25 am

Hello Steve,

I can help with this footswitch problem.

I am in need of one myself so by helping you fix the switch I
can get the info I need to make one for myself. If you still
need this fixed post a new message or if you have fixed it
maybe you can help me.

GroundZero

leftysteve

Re: Footswtich problem for crate VTX200s amp

Post by leftysteve » April 12th, 2013, 1:09 pm

Hello = thanks for the reply
Sorry it's taken so long to respond but I forgot I'd posted the problem.
Yes - I still have the amp and haven't used it since I posted my query.
If you are able to help me in wiring the switch that would be great.
How can I help you - do you want a schematic or photos of what the switch looks like at present?
Thanks again for the reply - to be honest I'd given up getting any advice.