Single Button Hot Rod Deluxe Footswitch question

Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.
SpenceDog

Single Button Hot Rod Deluxe Footswitch question

Post by SpenceDog » January 7th, 2013, 1:46 pm

I just bought a single button HRD foot-switch. When I plug the foot-switch into the "Foot-switch" jack with the cable that came with the foot-switch it only makes the "more drive" light come on & does not toggle between clean & over-driven. I've never used a foot-switch before (mostly just ran with the over-driven channel) so I'm at a loss. I tried plugging into channel 1 & 2. Any suggestions? Am I doing this wrong?

Moonrider
Guitarnoise Denizen

Re: Single Button Hot Rod Deluxe Footswitch question

Post by Moonrider » January 7th, 2013, 9:07 pm

SpenceDog wrote:I just bought a single button HRD foot-switch. When I plug the foot-switch into the "Foot-switch" jack with the cable that came with the foot-switch it only makes the "more drive" light come on & does not toggle between clean & over-driven. I've never used a foot-switch before (mostly just ran with the over-driven channel) so I'm at a loss. I tried plugging into channel 1 & 2. Any suggestions? Am I doing this wrong?
Wrong switch. The HRD uses a double button switch.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... 4Aod0iYAbg
Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation