Bi-Amping with an octave and a loop pedal

Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.
ChrisUdell

Bi-Amping with an octave and a loop pedal

Post by ChrisUdell » February 18th, 2016, 4:41 am

Hi guys,
I'm currently trying to set up a rig where I am able to play both bass and guitar for my band and I plan on doing this through bi-amping through a Peavey Classic 30 and a Fender Rumble 500 bass amp. I know for this I need an ABY pedal but I also want to use a nano POG octave pedal and I tried using this as the ABY, sending the dry signal into the guitar amp and the wet into the bass amp. This works and I can get all three sounds (octave down, normal and both) but there is a problem regarding a loop pedal I just bought to work with everything. I got the Ditto looper X2 and I experimented with the placement of everything and the FX loops on the amps but I can’t get it to work properly. The best I can do is having it before the actual guitar and after the POG but when I record a loop and then change the sound (say I recorded the bass line and wanted to play the guitar rhythm on top) it changes the sound of the recorded loop (so the bass line suddenly sounds like a guitar again).
Hope this is all worded so that it makes sense

MusicJC

Re: Bi-Amping with an octave and a loop pedal

Post by MusicJC » April 17th, 2017, 6:53 am

Chris...Have you found any problems using the Ditto X2? I do.
As soon as I engage the looper, my guitar volume immediately goes up, and stays up as long as the looper is engaged or storing a loop. the volume will only drop after I completely erase the stored loop. John