Welcome to the forums!

My City Was Gone

Check out the Bass Players forum if you want to talk about playing bass guitar.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby Laz » May 15th, 2012, 4:20 pm

This Pretneders song has a clever and driving bassline. I have considered 3 or 4 different fingerings, but none of them work well for me.

How do YOU play it?
Laz
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Gotdablues » July 26th, 2012, 9:38 am

What do you think about:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------7—8—9------------------6------6-----6/-------------------7—8—9---------6-------6------6/---------------
---2-------0-----------------7--------7------7------7----------2-----0------------------7-------7-------7--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause at the end of

---6 --- 6 --- 6/ slide back towards 2 on A string, I feel I'm in the right position
7 ---7 ---7

of course I'm going by ultimate guitar, but he plays 7-5 on E string

Pat
Gotdablues

Postby Laz » August 6th, 2012, 6:52 am

Gotdablues wrote:What do you think about:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------7—8—9------------------6------6-----6/-------------------7—8—9---------6-------6------6/---------------
---2-------0-----------------7--------7------7------7----------2-----0------------------7-------7-------7--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's the one I've settled on. I tried keeping the riff closer to the nut, which helps with some flairs, but leaves out the slide down.
Laz
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby jason brann » September 27th, 2012, 7:45 pm

i'm guessing, without listening to the song, that if most of the riff is at the 7th fret, that that 2-0 on the A string is actually a 7-5 on the E string. yep. just found the video. watch his hands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA56J8zlAdo
jason brann