Beginners Vids - ATTENTION ALL BEGINNERS!!

Post your question here and an experienced guitar player or teacher will get back to you.
dhodge
Musically Insane

Beginners Vids - ATTENTION ALL BEGINNERS!!

Post by dhodge » March 22nd, 2009, 5:28 pm

ATTENTION BEGINNERS:

In case you've not spent a lot of time looking through the various pages on the Guitar Noise Forums, I want to direct your attention to the "Beginners' Videos" thread over on the "Hear Here" page. This incredible topic is full of absolute beginners giving us a tour of their journey through learning the guitar. You'll get a lot of support and encouragement from everyone here at Guitar Noise, but this is as good as it gets when it comes to the praise of your peers.

Here's the link:

http://guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic ... 30&t=35807

Now go and make some music! :wink:

Peace

Vic Lewis VL
Albus Dumblechord

Re: Beginners Vids - ATTENTION ALL BEGINNERS!!

Post by Vic Lewis VL » March 27th, 2009, 5:05 pm

dhodge wrote:Now go and make some music!
As a great man once said, I second that emotion!

I've seen people go from absolute raw novices - taking time over chord changes, making mistakes - to seasoned campaigners. I've seen them visibly gain in confidence - I've seen them take on barre chords - I've seen them sing and play at the same time. Some of them are about ready to move out of the beginner's video thread and start on intermediate songs.

To all of them, I'd say - your struggles are an invaluable aid to other beginners. "Hey, if he/she can do it, I CAN DO IT!"

I've followed this thread almost from the start - I've shared every triumph, and every time someone's made a mistake, I've thought, "yes, I used to be like that." Not saying I don't make mistakes any more - oh, hell, do I make a LOT of mistakes till I've got a song down after many, many hours of practise...!

But this thread is a testament to the benefits of practise, practise and more practise - and determination - and the will to get better.

So, don't be shy - the easiest way to find out any flaws in your technique is to film yourself, and let other - more experienced guitarists - point out where, if anywhere, you're going wrong. No-one is going to laugh at you - what you'll get is helpful advice and honest constructive criticism.

If you don't get your feet wet, you'll never learn to swim!

:D :D :D

Vic
"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

BluezOldy

Post by BluezOldy » March 27th, 2009, 5:29 pm

Thanks, David & Vic! You've set me up for the rest of day and night: 56 pages plus all the vids!

Cheers and thanks for the heads-up as I had forgotten about that thread. :)

gdhudspeth

Post by gdhudspeth » March 31st, 2009, 10:54 am

I think it'd be nice if that "thread" could be made into a forum so that there'd be 56 different topics instead of so many messages to weed through. Just a thought... :D

KR2
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by KR2 » March 31st, 2009, 11:22 am

Yep 56 pages of amateurish videotaped guitar playin' with a sprinkle of light humor and well meaning encouragement.
I'm glad I have a sense of humor . . . because my guitar playin' is a joke. :mrgreen:
It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

aragorn

Post by aragorn » April 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm

INTHS

Post by INTHS » July 7th, 2010, 3:55 pm

aragorn wrote:.
you brought up an interesting point there Aragorn.

aragorn

Post by aragorn » July 27th, 2010, 7:00 pm

It's a Zen meditation. I'm nearing a completely enlightened state.

Either that or I posted in the wrong thread and couldn't figure out how to delete it.

KR2
Guitarnoise Addict

Post by KR2 » July 27th, 2010, 7:38 pm

Hmmm . . .

a point that has no point . . .

That is indeed Zen-like . . . umh Zennish? . . . Zenful?
It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

gilbertog

Post by gilbertog » August 29th, 2016, 4:22 am

My learning process would be so much easier if I knew something like this existed couple of years ago :shock:
"What we call 'mastery' can be defined as that mysterious process through which what is at first difficult or even impossible becomes easy and pleasurable through diligent, patient, long-term practice.” ― George Leonard

beginner

Post by beginner » April 10th, 2017, 3:02 am

Hey, guys! I've been playing guitar for 10 days! Check out my result, any tips or critics?
[YouTube]QgfDXKLhAco[/YouTube]