Guitar or fire wood

Post your question here and an experienced guitar player or teacher will get back to you.
Lamby acoustic

Guitar or fire wood

Post by Lamby acoustic » January 22nd, 2017, 8:49 am

Hi all,
I have a Faith Saturn guitar and around 7-8 hours of practice. I have started with cords A D & E however, i am getting a lot of mute notes, i have tried changing my fretting hand position and pressures to no avail i keep the guitar close to my body, my real concern is if i am holding the guitar wrong or getting something fundamental wrong then to keep practicing will cause more difficultly trying to put it right later. Personally i believe my fingers are too fat, but keep reading that can not be the case.

How to proceed i am not sure if lessons over the internet would help until i master the basics, plus can not justify pay out at the present time. maybe would be best the store guitar till i can afford lessons and before i turn it into fire wood

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Re: Guitar or fire wood

Post by Alan Green » January 22nd, 2017, 3:13 pm

Your best bet is to spend some time in the same room as a proper tutor so your hand position can be looked at properly and some decent exercises handed out so you can actually get things right.
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Lamby acoustic

Post by Lamby acoustic » January 23rd, 2017, 2:58 pm

That makes sense, might consider taking up the triangle as an alternative in the mean time i should be able to manage that :P

LessPaul

Post by LessPaul » January 24th, 2017, 10:32 pm

Alan Green wrote:Your best bet is to spend some time in the same room as a proper tutor so your hand position can be looked at properly and some decent exercises handed out so you can actually get things right.
That's 100% correct. I'd just like to add: Don't give up!! It's worth it in the end :)