Welcome to the forums!

Back

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby mikey » January 27th, 2006, 3:29 pm

To most of you my absence from the boards was probably a welcome relief. While I did post a couple of times in the past 2 months my access was through dial-up which was maddenly slow.

I moved from Long Island, NY to Port St Lucie, Florida. My wife moved down December 1 and I just got here last Wednesday (January 18 ). My electric guitars were packed away since mid November, I did have my acoustic with me. Although leaving for work at 7:10 am and getting home at 10pm didn't leave a lot of time to play. Yet even with the time constraints I did get to a level of finger picking I did not think I would have been able to achieve. (practice and time actually work, newbies take note!!)

Most importantly my guitars made the trip fine. Packed all nice and snug in their cases. Thanks to those who gave their advice. I did notice that my acoustic went sharp half a tone on each string almost overnight as the guitar picked up some humidity once I got here.

More good news is that where I used to practice in a small guest bedroom I now play out in the great room/living room with 16 foot cathedral ceilings. My amp is now up to where it seldom ever was and the guitars sound great and feel good.

All is good, and it is nice to be back.

Michael
Playing an instrument is good for your soul
mikey

Postby TwistedLefty » January 27th, 2006, 3:40 pm

16 ft. ceilings? truly living large! pics!!!
welcome back
TwistedLefty
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby Nils » January 27th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Welcome back.. Enjoy Florida
Nils
Guitarnoise Addict

Postby LuvGilmour » January 27th, 2006, 3:45 pm

I'll settle a picture of a palm tree... Maybe you can go a slight bit further south and do some strumming in Margaretville with Mr. Buffet...
LuvGilmour

Postby rocker » January 27th, 2006, 5:01 pm

welcome back, welcome back, weellcoommmeee baaaccckkk
even god loves rock-n-roll
rocker
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby Dan T. » January 27th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Sounds like you're setteling into Florida quite nicely. 8) Welcome back. :D
"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge
Dan T.
Musically Insane