Welcome to the forums!

Hello Everyone!

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.

Moderator: The GN support team

Postby LPcreation » November 21st, 2011, 7:49 am

Great forum you have here! Quick history on me.

I got my first guitar at about 13 years old, it was some sort of strat copy. I proceeded to play Secret Agent Man 100,000 times (much to the delight of my mother) until I started to really understand tabs and realize I could actually play something else. Then I got into the typical riff repetition, Smoke on the Water, Iron Man, Suzy Q and the like. Then I started doing power chords for the 90's grunge scene, mostly Nirvana.

When I turned 17 a few of my friends decided we should start a band. So we got some drums and a bass and then went from there. We ended up not totally sucking and played out about twice a week until I graduated college in '02.

That's when I really took a break. Moved to a new place, didn't know anyone that played, and was bored playing electric stuff in my basement. My dad bought me a Martin DM as a graduation present but I didn't know any fun acoustic songs to play so it basically sat for a few years.

Long story short, I found some acoustic stuff I really like to play so I think I'm finally back "into it".

Looking forward to learning a bunch of things here.
LPcreation

Postby Blue Jay » November 21st, 2011, 1:17 pm

Hi, nice history, glad you joined and posted! :D
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Blue Jay
Guitarnoise Denizen