This Forum . . .

Post your question here and an experienced guitar player or teacher will get back to you.
rockchalkflyer1968

This Forum . . .

Postby rockchalkflyer1968 » December 29th, 2011, 9:21 am

I have been "messing" with the guitar for a couple of years now and cannot say I can "play" guitar, but I am having a great time "playing" with my guitar.

To that end, I really want to thank everybody who has posted on this forum, those that have asked questions and those that have provided answers. I am slowly going through all 113 pages and picking out subject lines that seem to apply to what I am trying to learn/do at the moment and seeing the comments being made by those that know what they are doing. It is a great help. The caveat, of course, is that at times too much information is not a good thing, ie, KISS.

Anyway, thanks to all of you that take the time to help us just starting out on the journey.

JayhawkFlyer

Remember: Gravity is a LAW, not just a good idea.

s1120

Re: This Forum . . .

Postby s1120 » December 29th, 2011, 11:12 am

I agree! I started here a few months after getting my guitar. I searched for a good guitar forum that was run in a adult way, without the attatudes, and the rudeness of a lot of others. Lots of sites are not very newbee friendly!! Learked for a few years till I learned a little bit and have been here sence.
Paul B

Alan Green
Guitari Lama

Postby Alan Green » December 29th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Don't forget that we have a shedload of good stuff on the lessons pages too.

Clickety click
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger
"I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk

Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Vic Lewis VL
Albus Dumblechord

Postby Vic Lewis VL » December 29th, 2011, 2:42 pm

One of the many great things I've found about GN over the eight years or so I've been here; people who start out asking questions in this forum very often find themselves answering the same questions a couple of years later! That's how it seems to work - take a little, give a little back.

And remember - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

:D :D :D

Vic
"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Cat
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby Cat » December 29th, 2011, 9:19 pm

GREAT site. And THANKS for doing more than your share, Vic!!!

So...have a good New Year...(unless the Mayans were right, that is!) :shock:

Cat
"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Rocket Dog

Postby Rocket Dog » December 30th, 2011, 7:38 am

Vic Lewis VL wrote:And remember - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

And some would say "There is no such thing as a stupid question only a stupid answer."

kent_eh
Guitarnoise Denizen

Postby kent_eh » December 30th, 2011, 9:10 am

Rocket Dog wrote:
Vic Lewis VL wrote:And remember - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

And some would say "There is no such thing as a stupid question only a stupid answer."

Heh.
I once saw a guy giving a demonstration, on the table beside him was a sign:

Questions answered. Answers questionable.

:lol:
I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep