See the show, peruse our website, now enter to win! All you have to do is tell us what you thought about this week's performer and fill in the required fields.
â€¢ Weekly prize winners take home a custom Epiphone guitar by Gibson Musical Instruments, a signed Hard Rock Live T-shirt and a CD from that week's Nokia Presents Hard Rock Live artist.
â€¢ Weekly prize winners will also be eligible to win the grand prize: A VIP trip to a taping of next year's concert series, including backstage passes, meet and greet with the artist, roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations.
- Must be a legal resident of the U.S.
- Must be at least 16 years old to enter
- Sweepstakes is void wherever restricted of prohibited by law
. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY;
2. Promotion Period: "Turn Up the Feedback Contest" (the "Contest") commences at 8:00PM (EST) on October 13, 2004 and ends at 6:00PM (EST) on December 29, 2004. Deadlines for entry for consideration as a weekly winner (each a "Weekly Winner") are as follows:
Week 1: 6:00PM (EST) on October 20, 2004;
Week 2: 6:00PM (EST) on October 27, 2004;
Week 3: 6:00PM (EST) on November 3, 2004;
Week 4: 6:00PM (EST) on November 10, 2004;
Week 5: 6:00PM (EST) on November 17, 2004;
Week 6: 6:00PM (EST) on November 24; 6:00PM;
Week 7: 6:00PM (EST) on December 8; 2004,
Week 8: 6:00PM (EST) on December 15, 2004;
Week 9: 6:00PM (EST) on December 22, 2004;
Week 10: 6:00PM (EST) on December 29, 2004.
All entries for consideration as the grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner" must be received by 6:00PM (EST) on December 29, 2004.
3. To Enter: Log onto sweeps.mtv.com (the "Web Site"), a Web Site owned and controlled by MTV Networks, division of Viacom International Inc. ("MTVN"). Completely fill out all required data fields on the registration form, including the comments portion, and return such registration form to be entered into the Contest (each a "Submission"). The comments portion of the registration form must consist of an original writing sample answering the designated question in reference to an episode of Nokia Presents Hard Rock Live. The comments portion must not exceed 250 characters in length. Each Submission must contain the entrant's (each an "Entrant") original ideas and language.
You may enter as many times as you wish, but will only be eligible to receive one prize. Completed Submissions which are created and received within the above-mentioned guidelines shall collectively be referred to herein as the "Eligible Entries". Submissions that are not original work of the Entrant, illegible or incomplete on the registration form or any other information will not be accepted. Furthermore, Submissions which do not adhere to the following guidelines may not be accepted:
(a) Content which endorses or condones illegal drug use or alcohol abuse is not allowed.
(b) Content containing explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity is not allowed.
(c) Language will be evaluated based on context and societal acceptability.
(d) Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups should be avoided.
Any Submission which does not conform to these guidelines may be rejected. MTVN reserves the right to reject any Submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of the policies of MTVN's "Standards and Practices Guidelines."
No responsibility is assumed for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries to this Contest. MTVN and Nokia are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion or the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of MTVN and/or Nokia which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or for any reason MTVN and/or Nokia deem it necessary, MTVN and Nokia reserve the right in their sole and unequivocal discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, delay or suspend the Contest due to any reason of a technical, creative or other nature. Submissions and/or entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the holder of the winning email account will be declared the winner. All entries become the property of MTVN and Nokia and will not be returned. By participating in this Contest, Entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. Winner Selection: Based on the judging criteria in Paragraph 7 below, a panel of judges from MTVN and Nokia will choose one Grand Prize Winner and ten Weekly Winners (each a "Weekly Winner") from among all of the Eligible Entries received by the times/dates specified above. Weekly Winners for each week will be announced approximately 14 days following the entry deadline for the applicable week. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected on or around January 19, 2005, and is subject to change in MTVN and Nokia's sole and unequivocal discretion.
If any Weekly Winner or Grand Prize Winner is unreachable during the 48 hours in which he or she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines) or is unavailable for the prize fulfillment during the dates and times specified by MTVN, or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining Eligible Entries based on the judging criteria set forth below. MTVN and Nokia, in their sole and unequivocal discretion, expressly reserve the right to delay the announcement of any Weekly Winner or the Grand Prize Winner.
5. Prizing: Grand Prize (1) : Grand Prize Winner will receive: a three (3) day, two (2) night trip for two to a taping of the 2005 Hard Rock Live concert series (the "Taping") (venue location and series name subject to change) which includes: (a) roundtrip coach air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (the "Guest") from an airport of MTVN's choice near Grand Prize Winner's residence to the Taping location, (b) hotel accommodations for Grand Prize Winner and Guest for a total of two (2) nights in Taping location (costs for room and hotel taxes only based on one room with double occupancy. All other expenses not included), (c) roundtrip airport transfers between the hotel and the airport in the Taping location, (d) two backstage passes and a "meet and greet" with the artist featured at the Taping, subject to artist availability(the foregoing, collectively, the "Grand Prize"). The total approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the Grand Prize is $3000. The ARV for the Grand Prize is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of the prize fulfillment. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal state and local taxes, including completion of Form W-9 tax.
Weekly Prizes (10): Each Weekly Winner will receive (a) one Epiphone Guitar by Gibson Musical Instruments; (b) one autographed Hard Rock Live T-Shirt and (c) one autographed CD from an artist featured in the Hard Rock Live series (collectively, the "Weekly Prize").
The total approximate retail value (the "ARV") of each Weekly Prize is $550.00. The ARV for the Weekly Prize is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of the prize fulfillment
The tentative dates for fulfillment of the Weekly Prizes is between November 1, 2004 to February 7, 2005 and the tentative date for fulfillment of the Grand Prize is July 11, 2005.
6. Eligibility: Contest is open to legal residents of the continental United States who are at least 16 years of age at time of entry. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees of Viacom International, Inc., Columbia Broadcasting System ("CBS"), MTV Networks, Nokia, each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies (and the immediate families of each) or any person who has won an MTVN National Sweepstakes or Contest in the 2004 calendar year are not eligible. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, by the decisions of the judges, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
7. Judging Criteria: The judging panel will consist of representatives from MTVN and Nokia (collectively, the "Judges"). Judges will review Eligible Entries and select one (1) Weekly Winner based on the following criteria of the essay: originality, creativity and uniqueness. At the end of the Contest the Judges will determine one Grand Prize Winner from among the Weekly Winners. The decisions of the Judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
8. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by MTVN and Nokia are final. MTVN and Nokia reserve the right, in their sole and unequivocal discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the game or Web Site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MTVN AND SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT/INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
9. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Grand Prize and Weekly Prizes will be made Nokia and Fearless Entertainment. MTVN reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any and all prizes with prizes of comparable value, in the event of unavailability or unforeseen scheduling conflicts with the Hard Rock Live concert series (venue location and program name subject to change), or for any other reason that MTVN, Nokia and Fearless Entertainment deem it necessary. All prizes are non-transferable. Weekly Winners, Grand Prize Winner and Guest traveling with Grand Prize Winner must each sign (i) an affidavit of eligibility and release and release any and all sponsors and their corporate parents, subsidiaries affiliated entities, advertising agencies, and any other participating sponsors, and their respective employees from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use or acceptance of their prizes or any portion thereof to be eligible to receive their respective prizes and (ii) except where prohibited, a promotional release granting the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Contest constitutes each entrant's agreement to sign the foregoing releases. Weekly Winners and Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by sponsors and return them to MTVN within seven (7) days after receipt of such documents. Noncompliance may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY Weekly Winner or the GRAND PRIZE WINNER (AT MTVN'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF "MTV'S "TURN UP THE FEEDBACK CONTEST" AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Upon receipt of any part of the prize, prize recipients are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
10. Past experience has confirmed that contests and other competitions generate substantially similar submissions or entries which closely resemble concepts and ideas that have been independently developed by MTVN before or after the Contest. Accordingly, entrants may subsequently see an MTVN presentation which seemingly incorporates an idea or concept or includes materials similar to that contained in their Submissions. Any similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas which MTVN routinely considers in the course of its program development. Because of this possibility, contestants hereby agree to submit their Submissions under the following terms and conditions: (i) that MTVN may use any ideas, concepts, material, in whole or in part, contained in a Submission; (ii) that all materials submitted become the property of MTVN and Nokia and will not be returned; (iii) that all materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone, including, but not limited to any union, guild or performance rights society; (iv) Entrants have obtained all rights, permissions and licenses necessary to use the Submissions for any purpose; (v) that no Submission or any part thereof infringes any trademark or copyright or otherwise violates anyone's right of privacy or publicity; and (vi) Entrants indemnify and hold harmless Viacom International Inc., CBS, MTVN, and Nokia from any claims, suits, losses damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that arise from any breach of the following conditions. All Entrants agree to the foregoing and in addition agree to obtain, upon request of MTVN and/or Nokia any documentation and releases necessary to prove their unrestricted ownership in all materials contained in their Submission and their right to use such materials without limitation for any purpose. They further agree, if chosen as a Weekly Winner or Grand Prize Winner, to assign all right, title and interest in all material and agree to sign such documentation as is necessary to formalize this assignment.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Entrants agree that their Submissions may be used by MTVN in whole or in part for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to non-prize winning Entrants.
11. For the name of the Weekly Winners and/or Grand Prize Winner send a self addressed stamped envelope to:
MTV's "Turn Up the Feedback"
1515 Broadway, 25th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10036
Attn: Promotion Department: On-air Contests All requests must be received by January 18, 2005. Please note on the front left hand corner of your outer envelope "Winners".
12. This Contest is sponsored by MTV Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
If you see a contest for a free guitar, strings, amp or anything else related, post a link here. Also if you have a favorite freebie app, like a tuner or metronome, post the download link here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1