Buying a New Guitar

Discussion about guitar playing from a diverse group of people with different tastes and levels of experience.
Nate Olson

Buying a New Guitar

Post by Nate Olson » January 24th, 2016, 7:24 am

I have decided to buy a new electric guitar. I currently have a Squier Bullet Strat. I like to play indie/alternative and rock. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it worth getting a new one? I know this is a question of opinion, but I want to know if my Squier Bullet is a decent enough guitar, or if getting one with higher quality one with more features would benefit me.

2. Has anyone seen any good guides on choosing a guitar? I want to get a Fender strat by the way.

3. Is there a specific line of Fender guitars (i.e. American Deluxe or Artist) that would be very cost-efficient, but also have good features?

4. I was looking at the Deluxe Players Strat, but is it worth the upgrade? What is even the difference (other than the advanced switching) between the one I have now and any other guitar?

Nate Olson

Re: Buying a New Guitar

Post by Nate Olson » January 24th, 2016, 4:25 pm

Update:

I chose a wide range of guitars, and I was wondering if someone would be able to compare the pros and cons of the guitars in this list: (It would be GREATLY appreciated)

http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/pro ... -mods-s357

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocas ... ar&start=1

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocas ... 00580.html

Hawt400A

Post by Hawt400A » January 24th, 2016, 11:12 pm

I play a Carvin DC400A. Carvin manufactures in the United States and ships directly to the customer. because of this, you can get a high-end guitar for a very reasonable price. Check them out at carvinguitars.com. Good luck!

dhguitarplayer

Post by dhguitarplayer » February 20th, 2016, 7:28 pm

The made in Mexico standard strats are oftentimes just as nice as their USA counterparts. But if you want a genuine USA, I'd recommend looking on eBay and finding one from around 2000 (giver or take a year or two). They were making them just as good then as they are now, and you can often find them for around $750, which isn't much more than the new standard strats, which are running around $600 if I remember correctly. I used to love playing strats and have owned quite a few USAs and MIMs. My favorite were the MIMs with Floyd Rose bridges.

nethanpaul

Post by nethanpaul » November 9th, 2018, 7:27 pm

If you are planning on buying a new guitar or replacing the guitar parts, then you should do a thorough research about it. There are various manufacturers and brands which claim to offer to genuine products and you should check those properly. FaberUSA gives you a complete guide about the guitars and its various parts and also you can buy from their online store.

timtheshredder

Post by timtheshredder » November 14th, 2018, 5:14 pm

I am extremely partial to Ibanez guitars. I just really like they way they feel in my hands. I particularly like the Jem. That being said, it's not the most affordable guitar. I have to say that Carvin/Kiesel guitars are probably the bang for the buck. They are really well made and extremely reasonable for the price.
My Gear:
LP Custom Sunburst
SG Reissue
1960 Clapton LP Reissue
Fender Strat '57 Reissue
And many more...

"Learning to play guitar is easy. Learning to Rock 'n Roll is another thing."

-Jack Black