Starting a band

If you have a post about music or guitar that doesn't really fit anywhere else, put it here. This is strictly on topic, guitar or music related topics only. Please be civil and courteous here. This forum is moderated and respectful conversation is expected.
NathanVanRensburg

Starting a band

Post by NathanVanRensburg » July 12th, 2018, 10:39 am

Hi everyone!
I'm planning on starting a band at school. I can play guitar, and I want to find other musicians at school.
I was planning on buying an electric guitar. However, since I'm starting a band, I was wondering if it wouldn't be better for me to buy a bass guitar instead. I currently own an acoustic guitar. Opinions?
I came, I played, I conquered

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Starting a band

Post by Bish » July 19th, 2018, 7:11 am

It probably wouldn't hurt to find out who else is interested. You'll want to have an "inventory" of members who can play an instrument and keep forward progress.

In my previous experiences, we would all get together and discuss goals and expectations. If you have 3 potential bass players that are interested, you don't want to be a 4th. Stick with your guitar until you find you are needed in some other role. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"