Hello from the Midwest

New to guitar or just new to Guitarnoise? Say hello here. Where are you? What are you playing, acoustic, electric or both? How long have you been playing? What styles do you like to play?
On topic posts only please.
Robert_S

Hello from the Midwest

Post by Robert_S » August 26th, 2018, 9:22 am

I'm a 54 yr old that started learning back in March. No musical background other than I love music.

I have two guitars: An Epiphone LP Special II and a Gibson Faded T I bought second hand in mint condition. I also have a Yamaha THR10C amp I use.

My knowledge so far: I can finger the A, D and E chords 95% of the time without muting other strings. I have the major scale pattern 1 (or box pattern) down, working on other variations of the majors and learning the natural minor. I also work on arpeggios, occasionally.

At the 6 mo mark, I'm going to hire a guitar teacher. Been looking carefully and I have one or two, maybe three possibilities.

Favorite songs: Hotel California (want to play this), pretty much anything by Satriani, Smooth by Santana and really, too many to list. While I can appreciate any music, rock and blues evoke more in me.
Epiphone Les Paul Special II (main practice)
Gibson Faded T
Yamaha THR10C

Bish
Guitarnoise Addict

Re: Hello from the Midwest

Post by Bish » August 27th, 2018, 7:06 am

Welcome to Guitar Noise.

Keep at it. Sounds like you are making progress. It's a life long journey. It should never ends.
Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"