Clear all

Back at the bottom...

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Sorry people to have dropped out of the loop for so long! I'm back now, at the bottom, where I belong ;-)

Seriously, I've gone back to playing bass, having had a lovely swamp ash Indie IB604 for my birthday last year, and I'm loving it... Looking forward to contributing here again, and to looking up all my old friends...

(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Nice looking battle-axe you got there. Is Indie a UK brand? I haven't seen them in the US ... not that I've seen everything, of course. :)

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Is Indie a UK brand?

Yes, Gabba, the Indie Guitar Co., based in Compton, Berkshire - they do a range of the obvious Fender / Gibson / PRS / Rikkie copies, but their own designs are very nice. Most made in Korea, and priced around the same as the Fender Highway One series, or a little more. The IB60... series basses come in 5 and 6 stringers as well: 2-band active, humbuckers, switchable passive (push-pull vol. knob), swamp ash body, 5-piece maple & graphite neck, bell-brass frets, Hipshot Triple Lock-Down bridge, Indie-branded tuners. Nice to play, light, comfortable - sound good - growly, on the whole, which I like, but of course that's all that lovely ash as much as anything else...

I was going to get another Fender, but a friend of mine turned up with this sitting on his back seat, and said, "Happy Birthday!" You could have knocked me down with a feather!

Now I have to decide whether to get a P-Bass as well ;-)

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Now I have to decide whether to get a P-Bass as well ;-)

There's no decision there, you must get one!

Nice looking bass. I love the natural finishes.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Love that Swamp Ash finish!

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Love that Swamp Ash finish!

It is nice, isn't it :D Actually, it's not a finish as such, it's just a solid lump of swamp ash, rather nicely carved by the Indie Guitar Co. folks. The finish is just gunstock oil - doesn't mark or stain, and never gets slippery, no matter how sweaty things get! Previous basses have all had painted or lacquered finish, and I'm loving the feel of this one. Of course, it also helps the tone no end, and the sustain is almost embarrassing 8)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, nice finish!

And welcome back! :wink:

ReplyQuote