Clear all

Bass Guitar Care

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jackthejesusfreak)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

What are the opinions in here about what, if anything, to use on the base, neck and fretboard for maintenance. Such as oils or polish. I've heard some who say do nothing outside of keeping clean and others say lemon oil and such.
Jack

'Forgiven, forgotten, set free!'

(@xylembassguitar)
Trusted Member

There are tons of products out there to clean/maintain your bass. I use some kind of guitar body polish for the body, back of the neck and headstock (it doesn't really seem to matter which brand you use) and I use Dunlop 01 Fretboard Cleaner and Prep to clean the fretboard (this is really nice because it quickly dissolves all of the gunk on the board, but it also dries out the fretboard) then I use GHS Fast-Fret to oil the fretboard. You can also use other oils for the fretboard, but I don't have much experience with them.

Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars

ReplyQuote
(@aleholder)
Trusted Member

A while ago, one of my guitar playing friends recommended that I play. I've started doing that. He also wipes down his guitar after playing with a clean cloth. Especially the strings. Don't know if it will help or not, just thought I'd pass that along. :)

ReplyQuote
(@xylembassguitar)
Trusted Member

Wiping down the strings after you play is actually a pretty good idea. It cuts down on rust and grime and maintains the "fresh strings sound" for longer.

Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars

ReplyQuote