Notifications
Clear all

Bass Lines

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@vulcan25)
Topic starter  

I was wondering so when you are building a bass line do you take a chord progression bust up the chord and play the notes of the chords and go from chord to chord with the guitarist? and whats the easiest way to makeing a bass line? Thanx for your time

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

That is a way to do it, if by that you mean arpeggiating each chord in the progression, for example:

if the progression was C G F (2 bars for each chord)

you could play C E G one by one for two bars then G B D for two bars and F A C for another two bars.

You can also make it easier by just playing the root notes of the chord, so for the above progression you would ONLY play C G F. You can jazz or blues up the line by adding chromatic runs in between the transistions of chords... there are many basic ways to create interesting lines. Anyways, there are many basic things you can do but I could go on forever talking about it, I hope this helps you out a little

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Vulcan (and Redeemer too!);

There are a few bass lessons here that offer suggestions on how to build bass lines when all you know are the chords.

Try this one first, and then read the rest.

https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=158

Good Luck!

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@vulcan25)
Topic starter  

Thanx ill give it a try. I over complicate or over think things alot like the whole chords idea. ill put stuff to the test and mess around with it see what works thanx for the help and feel free to add more suggestions

ReplyQuote