Notifications
Clear all

Creating a new bass setup

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@streetcinema)
Topic starter  

I just started in a new two-piece band as a bassist, and the other is a drummer. As of right now, I have a Marshall bass cabinet with power handling of 800 watts RMS, impedance 4 ohms. For a head, I have a Gallien Krueger RBIII, which is marked at 410 watts and an avg of 175 watts. I'm looking to come with a super loud sound that is very very overdriven. I need a second cabinet, and I am most likely getting an SWR Goliath III which is a 4x10 700 watts at 8 ohms. A very knowledgeable person recommended i go with getting a power amp and a preamp to take care of the job. What is the proper way to set up these two cabinets to get my needed volume without damaging them? so far, i've looked at an Alembic F-2B preamp and a QSC RMX 1850 HD Power amp that can split 600 watts to each cabinet at 4 ohms. Hopefully this isn't too confusing, but my main concern is to spend my money into a long-lasting setup. thanks.

(@blaine)
Trusted Member

i play bass in a hardcore band and if i play through a 100 watt fender amp, i can keep up good sound with the drummer... and even when we play shows, we are plenty loud.. and if i really have to be louder, i just mic watever amp im using.... so, unless u plan on drowning out your drummer, try fiddling with ur setup now... loud isnt ALWAYS the best.

Blaine Adams

ReplyQuote