Daisy Rock Bass knobs

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mushin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all,

a quick question that hopefully someone can help with.....

I have just bought my wife a Daisy Rock (Rock Candy Bass - champagne Sparkle)- http://www.daisyrock.com to see a pick

Now here is the question......

4 knobs- Volume one is pretty obvious.

The remaining 3 knobs have centre positions. From the website:
PICKUPS: Daisy Rock Bass Humbuckers w/Active EQ
ELECTRONICS: Master Volume, 12 DB Bass Cut/Boost, 12 DB Treble Cut/Boost, Pickup Pan Pot

I am trying to listen out for the difference of each of the others to identify them. Now I know I should be able to tell the difference by listening...but alas, I can't seem to differentiate the Pick up Pan pot changes. I expect that I should be able to discern a diference by either tapping or plucking over each pickup but can't seem to hear the difference.

Any suggestions? It probably doesn't make much difference given the frequency of the vibrations, but it would be nice to be able to answerr tthe question of what does this do?

I must say- they instrument sounds great!!! and fit her like a glove. She is not overly tall- about 5'2" and well proportioned. The other guitars she tried- squire, monterey and a couple of others all didn't quite sit right and she seemed to be stretching a little to get to the bottom frets. This unit seems to hang such that she isnt stretching and her smallish hands can wrap around the neck and comfortably access all the frets along the neck.

Even felt good to me :D- not that I like dressing in pink mind you :P

thanks in advance.

Mick

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Try tapping on the pickups with something metal, like a coin.

ReplyQuote
(@mushin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Paul.

Sorted it out late last night.

Can anyone offer any clarity on the difference in sound one shoud expect from the humbucker closer to the bridge vs the one closer to the neck?

cheers

Mick

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

The one by the neck is more "rumbly" and has more bass. The bridge pickup has more of a quack to it.

ReplyQuote
(@mushin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

cheers Paul.

thanks

Mick

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

For a more technical discussion of tone controls, etc, try this:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=161

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@mushin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Laz. The article was quite helpful.

cheers

mick

ReplyQuote