Clear all

Different body style

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Peoples, peoples, peoples, what's up?  I currently hav a Peavey Bass with two cut aways on the body.  You know, a variation of the standard strat type body.  I am looking for an alternate bass.  I want at least two for alternate tunings  I have a few in mind, but I was wondering if any of you out there have any experience with the Rogue Violin Bass.  It looks like the Hoffner Bass that Sir Paul McCartney played, but is way less expensive.  I personally don't really feel like $300 US could be worth spending for this type of guitar.  I worry about a high action and feedback from a guitar of this type.  I would love to be able to buy a Hoffner and have much less worries, but alas, the money is an issue there.  Maybe I'll go with an Epiphone V or Explorer or a BC Rich Mockinbird, different body styles and decent playability.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

How 'bout a Korean Steinberger from Musicyo:

http://www.musicyo.com/brandland.asp?dept_id=3

See the XT, XP and XZ series for basses.

Theres are pretty inexpensive and certainly unusual. Check the usual places for web reviews.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@shinypinkguitar)
Eminent Member

Hello!
I have heard that Epiphone make good basses (but obviously don't take my word for it as I have very basic guitar knowledge!).  However, you can have my opinion on the "look" and shape of the Epiphone Explorer - I looked at them when I was after a bass guitar - I think they look ultra cool!  The V is also great but the Explorer, from what I can gather, is truly metaaaaal!
Cheers,
Stella
x

http://www.chinmusicrocks.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, since I have a Gibson V 6 string for lead and rythym, for bass I think that the Epi Explorer would be great to look at in more depth.  I played the Ibanez ICB 200 Iceman.  It's $400 US and plays well, but I would prefer it had active electronics.   That's not something I would get from an Epi, either.  I'll look at what I like the most as far as looks and playability, then see how much it would be to add active pickups.  Thanks for the responses!   :)

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@ Gnease, thanks for the link.  Those basses look good, but if I can't get my hands on one to play, then I won't buy an axe.  If I could find a local dealer, that would be great.  Haven't seen any though.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I think Korean Steinbergers are web only, and I'm sure about Musicyo's return policy. It might be worth a phonecall.

Any web purchase satisifaction depends upon your cost/risk expectations. I keep meaning to order one of these guitars as a traveler -- but then I don't expect too much for three bills (e.g., AFA pups) and am willing to fix/modify what I don't like. Most people don't feel this way.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote