Skip to content
Does the sound of a...

Notifications
Clear all

Does the sound of a bass makes the girls go crazy?

16 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@woodenfret)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

And please tell me why?? (That doesn't mean I'm complaining about being a bass player :wink: )

Slap & tap it!

(@mrjazzclassicalmetalshred)
Trusted Member

If you wanna do that, be a lead singer or play guitar :wink:

Album progress:15%

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

It might, if you were noticeable. No one is going to go wild over the sound of the bass alone, but if you're in the spotlight you might make the girls go wild over you via your bass playing. It depends on how well you work it.

ReplyQuote
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

Everyone knows that in every band, it's the bass player who gets all the girls. Just ask Bill Wyman.

I'm a happily married man, so I have to beat them off with a stick.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

ReplyQuote
 R3d
(@r3d)
Trusted Member

I "go crazy" over the bass playing, not the bass player. Love that groove... Anyway, I'm biased since I play bass. Seems to get the attention of some guys, though. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I'm a happily married man, so I have to beat them off with a stick.

Doesn't that damage the frets? :D

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I guess girls are stupid sometimes.Its tough to know their psycology and its best to enjoy the guitar :D 8)

ReplyQuote
 R3d
(@r3d)
Trusted Member

I guess girls are stupid sometimes.It's tough to know their psychology

:roll: :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Yeah sure , spelled it wrong , but still no matter girls are that way.Haaaa :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Yeah sure , spelled it wrong , but still no matter girls are that way.Haaaa :wink:
Umm.... That's not really an appropriate comment to make in an extremely public place. Say what you want with your friends (I do -- they know I'm joking) but posting it on the Internet is like shouting it in the middle of a department store.

ReplyQuote
(@eirrac)

I don't know about the girls, but this girl thinks bass is hot.

Not necessarily the player, mind you- just the sound. Sorry boys.

ReplyQuote
(@flipstrings)

not too many girls go mad over the sound of the bass, but the ones that do are quite "turned on" by it, but that could also be because I'm in a band and groupies really go for anything ..... lol. Ohh and you've got to look as though your <b>muscling</b> round those jumbo frets........

My girlfriend for instance didn't really mind the bass before but has recently begun to love the sultry/funky groove of a well constucted bass line, though thats because she has started to understand the bass alot more!
so that could also be a factor!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

When i last posted the only thing i meant was the playing your instrument should be for the sake of it.Not for impressing the girls and the like.Leave music pure and nice and take these other things out of it. 8)

ReplyQuote
 R3d
(@r3d)
Trusted Member

When i last posted the only thing i meant was the playing your instrument should be for the sake of it.Not for impressing the girls and the like.Leave music pure and nice and take these other things out of it. 8)

That seems like a far stretch from your first post. Could have said it that way instead of insulting other members of this community. Anyway, I agree with you... You should play for your own enjoyment and not worry about impressing others.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

That seems like a far stretch from your first post. Could have said it that way instead of insulting other members of this community. Anyway, I agree with you... You should play for your own enjoyment and not worry about impressing others.

How do you separate the two concepts? Don't you play for the enjoyment of others? Don't you want them to smile, or dance, or sing along?

-Laz

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2