Clear all

Dream Bass

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@galis)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

After a few weeks of playing now i've been searching around looking for a bass guitar, one i could really enjoy having and one that i can be proud to have.

So far i've come across a few, i just need to find a nicely priced one i can afford and purchase. But as i was looking i ran across one design by BC Rich distributors that i seemed to really be hooked on.
So far i havn't been able to find a store that sells guitars by BC Rich so i havn't been able to find out if thier still being made in that design or if prices of it are over my head.

So i was curious if any of you have seen the design around in the last couple years or recently, i was afraid they may have halted its design.

New goal #1: Buy an amp.
New goal #2: Buy a 5-string.
New goal #3: Get better then OWA at music.

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I've never seen that model around. It doesn't look very comfortable to hold to me, but if you like it then you should find one and try it out.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Have you checked out their web site http://www.bcrich.com/

Do a web search on "bc rich guitars" and you find all sorts of stuff.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

That one's called the Widow but when I looked it up on bcrich.com, it's not listed under 2005 models. Couldn't fnd any on eBay either, but eBay's cool because their 'stock' always changes so fast. Might be one in 2 days, might be right now.

It is kinda cool looking though; uncharacteristically symetric for a Rich.

Best regards.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

That's a really cool looking one, but I think it'd be hard to play when sitting down. Oh, and if you ever decide to play in a jazz or blues band (I'm assuming you're a hard rock and/or metal player), you might get some weird looks from your bandmates if you start playing a blues bass line with that bass :lol:

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Well I dunno; slap some Rotosound Monel flats on it and voi la!

And if an upright jazz bass player comes up and starts to razz Galis, it could be like:

UB player: "Girl, what are you DOING with that? Get a real stand-up bass!"

Galis: "This bass is more upright than yours'll ever be."

UB player: "How so??

Galis: "Okay, stand your bass on the peg and I'll stand mine on the points...."

UB player: "Okay...?"

Galis: "Okay, now let go of the neck; we'll see which one stays UPRIGHT longer..."

And in a blues band situation, if the guitarist had the guitar Widow they could name the band that; especially in the Southern States where the black widow is pretty common. :wink:

I think it would be quite a statement to play jazz on that bass. I'd do it just to irk people :)

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

You may want to visit this thread over at Talkbass.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks for that link, Paul. I even learned something. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

that guitar is certainly an axe (can be used to break the drummer's and lead guitarist head if they are too loud :lol: )

ReplyQuote