17.1 K Views
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Good one.

That reminds me of another great jammer - Suzy Q

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Here's another one; I think this is a gem.

Crush, by Jennifer Paige.

It's fun to play - simple enough for beginners, yet the chorus is very catchy and engaging enough to keep your attention. It's a great bass line for any type of practice. I can honestly say I really love playing this.

All I can say is check it out - I think a player from any skill level can use this song to practice with. Great metronome piece.

Never heard that song until just now. Nice groove going on there! You're right it would be good for practice because it forces you to get with the swing of the drums.

ReplyQuote
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member

Big Bottom - Spinal tap

Derek with his double neck bass... its just priceless

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

love is the drug - roxy music
temptation - new order
the fish - yes

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

The Fish - great. That one for me would go in the 'hard to play' category.

When the Bullet Hits the Bone - Golden Earring; medium-hard maybe, but really hypnotic.

A side note/flashback: I got to the gig early one night to see the featured band in a little dive we were playing in Waikiki (back in '84 or so), and they did that song among others. During the break we were sitting around talking music and a Police video came on over the bar. We watched a little then he said, "What have they got that we don't?"

I said, "Well...they're blond...."

So we laughed and left it at that. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

"Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads. Very simple but very powerful.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

The one that almost made me give up guitar for bass:

Alice in Chains - "Would"
Awesome Nick, you like AIC!

P.S. Have you seen the video of them playing it unplugged for MTV, it is awesome.

*Edit*: Here is a link to the clip on YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bL_HKnDesXA

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I can't believe noone has mentioned Floyd's Money (unless I skipped over it :oops: ).

Very funky and catchy, not too difficult.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3