Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I Need some advice!  

RSS

(@marcwild)
21/01/2014 2:10 am  

Bonjour

When i was a dirty teenager i was playing bass, My bass was pretty cheap and my amp too. I played some years but I stop because i was living at my parent house and i was not able to play like a want... I was not a very good bass player and i didn'y play since 4 years

Now i have my house i can play when i want like i want... so i want to buy a new bass cause the next one is selled!

I'm a noob.. But i want a good bass not to expensive but enough good to play some music like (metallica, the offspring, rancid, system of a down and others) I want a good bass cause in fews months if i want to play different style i need someting good...

I will put 2 link of bass and amp! Just tell me what you think about this. I just want to play for fun at my house i don't need a super amp just something good with a good sound and don't really need to have a super power of sound!

http://www.archambault.ca/etui-non-inclus-basse-electrique-noire-ACH001726679-en-pr

http://www.archambault.ca/qmi/navigation/catalog/product_generic.jsp?navAction=jump&lang=en&id=ACH002781370 &

Thank for all! Sorry if my english is not verry good, i'm from canada, i hope you will understand what i want to say!

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
21/01/2014 8:17 pm  

Bonjour!

I was considering this bass when I bought mine several years ago. Yamaha makes great entry level instruments and that bass is really nice for the budget. You have selected and split-coil/single-coil configuration so you get the best of both worlds. My bass is a Jazz-bass, it has two single-coil pickups and sometimes I missed the split-coil.

No experience with this particular amp but I've played Ampeg and usually they are great amps. Maybe I'd choose a wider speaker, maybe the 8 inches is not able to manage some tones correctly.

Et bienvenue à Guitar Noise!

ReplyQuote
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member
24/01/2014 7:05 am  

Both would be good choices.

The amp might prove a little small if you
a) want to use it for gigs and
b) if you rehearse in a fairly open space.

Typically, bass needs a much bigger amp than a guitar does at the same volume. In addition, you usually push a guitar amp much harder than a bass amp. A 15w guitar amp pushed hard can sound just fine, but a 25w bass amp will sound very noisy if it tries to keep up.

--Helgi Briem hbriem AT gmail DOT com

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Trusted Member
25/01/2014 8:56 pm  

Bonjour!

To echo what the others have said, the Yamaha bass is a good entry-level choice. I have no experience with the Ampeg BA-108, but it's got good reviews.

My first bass was the Yamaha RBX-260 - same body style as the 270, but with a single P-style pickup. I have since passed that one on to a friend's daughter, as I wasn't playing it any more having acquired several more basses through the years.

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble. -- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@eshall)
18/10/2014 8:16 am  

I like the sound: warm, and even with the bass rolled all the way off and treble all the way up it's not overly crunchy

eshall

ReplyQuote

Are you on the list? Join for free

Never miss another Guitar Noise lesson again.